Bradshaw Brook Church
Methodist services in Bradshaw Brook started as early s 1827.
When Mr Dodson moved from Plumley to Bradshaw Brook he built a new farmhouse and buildings called Chapel Farm, Middlewich Road. In the building was a Preaching Room" for religious services.
In 1858 a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built at a cost of £300 with voluntary labour.
A Sunday School was added in 1868.
John Clarkson of The Limes invited a world famous evangelist, Gypsy Smith, to preach at Bradshaw Brook in 1936. At this huge Methodist gathering a fund was started towards a new Chapel which was opened in 1960 on land given by Mr Clarkson.
The Old Chapel was architecturally attractive and historically of interest but it had ‘structural defects’ and dry rot. It was demolished to the dismay of some local residents.
The new Chapel is a simple 1960’s building but it has maintained the Methodist tradition and now provides accommodation for a pre-school nursery. Olliers of Lower Peover were the builders and the cost approx. £7,400. The Joseph Rank Trust gave a grant of £2,000, the rest was raised by local efforts over many years and the new Church opened free of debt.
Allostock Parish Council planted a Millennium Yew Tree at the front of the Church in 2000.
The Methodist stalwarts of the Old Chapel were all farmers and included:-
William Carter of Millgate Farm
John Venables of Bradshaw Brook Farm
James Frith of Heath Farm
William Hesketh of Brook House Farm
Samuel Hall of Chestnut House Farm
John and Denis Carter of Brook House Farm
T.B.Hesketh of Bradshaw House