There were three charities in Allostock. Money was to be used for apprenticeships and for “the relief of the poor”.
1. The Charity of Ann Shakerley was founded in a will dated 1726
2. The Charity of Mary Antrobus dates from 1810
3. The Charity of Edward Acton
In the early 1970’s these charities were combined with others from Lower Peover and Plumley to become The Allostock, Lower Peover and Plumley Aid Fund which distributes gifts at Christmas to elderly residents, and others, who would appreciate a little support.